MySQL Client : phpMiniAdmin
If you are working on the LAMP Platform, you would have encountered the MySQL Database administration tool 'phpMyAdmin'. Almost all web control panels provide phpMyAdmin for managing the database. Its a great software - it has a lot of features. But there is a price associated with having that much features - its bulky. It takes some time to load and use. And since it is on the web, that makes it even slower.
phpMiniAdmin is a similar software that aims to solve this problem. It has only the most essential things needed in a database administration tool.
phpminiadmin is a lightweight alternative to heavy phpMyAdmin for easy access MySQL databases. It's extremely small (just ~10Kb) standalone PHP script that can be used by web developers or site owners to quickly access MySQL databases of their web sites.
- Upload the PHP file to your webserver
- Open the file in your browser (eg. http://example.com/admin/phpminiadmin.php)
- Now the script should ask you for the connection details like DB host, DB username and DB password.
- You could be able to see an interface which can be used to issue MySQL commands.
The connection details like host, username and password will be stored in a cookie. So other systems will not be able to access the database.
- You will be able to see the structure the table.
- Browse the content of the table.
- Execute SQL commands and see the result
- The whole program is contained in a single script
- Just 10 KB
- Import/Export Data
- There is no interface that can be used to create a table.
- You cannot edit a row using the GUI